Was up at 4:15 am and felt a bit proud about that, but still a bit panicked about the upcoming cold snap. Negative 26 degrees won’t crack the house open, I think, but I’m scared of things happening: pipes cracking, septic tank exploding…I can’t imagine what -26 feels like but I’m about to find out. Last year the lowest was -13. I wanted to get out of the heat and humidity, but as usual, I overshot.
- Ate a huge pancake right out of the pan,
- Kept a baking show on the TV all day to keep me calm,
- Two loads of dishes,
- Scrubbed the fridge,
- Shoveled snow from the side steps, and walkway, and created 2 dog paths. It’s not melting anytime soon and the weather app predicts clouds with light blue stabby knives coming out of them, whatever the heck that means, but it can’t be good,
- Rolled-up towels and blankets to stop drafts, my addiction to rubber bands coming in handy and secured the rolls with them,
- Took the dogs out for mini-walks. They were so happy to go outside but got cold pretty quick and looked at me accusingly,
- Took a two-hour, man-sized nap,
- Smeared Aquafor on my face like three times,
- Brought in some miscellaneous pet toys that were outside, and
- Threw carrots to the bunny that is living under the front porch.
Skipped dinner, which I may regret soon, but Day 1 down.